Wednesday, February 6, 2008

TEC 72

Over the last weekend I attended a great workshop or spiritual retreat and I've learned so many things that I not even know where to start from.
The most important one is that I grew up in a family where there was strong catholic values but at the same time strong sense of selfishness and I always strived to become different from that example I saw 'cause I hated it. I hated the fact that every time I asked for a penny it was denied to me and was given to my brothers but not to the girls.
When one of my retreat mates asked me for a towel (since I had an extra one) well well well, my sense of selfishness definetly did not show up.... but right inside of me it did... and oh boy do I ever hate it. ! I did lent the towel without a question.... and he even brought it up in a group.... not knowing that this is one of my biggest struggles ..... not to be selfish in life......
Do we learn what we see even if we hate it?

No comments: